Thursday, December 16, 2010

December 15, 2010

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

About the time I finally got it through my head that the Forest Service is going to pay for moving our household goods and furniture, which was amazing enough, Budd received an email with the paperwork. We are to fill it out and fax it in, then a coordinator will call us, the request will be refined, and Budd will sign the final paperwork for it.

Guess what's on it? A HOUSEHUNTING TRIP!!! To say this solves all my problems would be a slight exaggeration, but WOW! It solves a lot. We won't have to rent a house unseen, which means agents will work with us. There's even a potential that an agent who specializes in relocation will be assigned to us to help us narrow it down before we get there.

Oh, about that 'we', it may be that only one of us gets to go. That would be me. The last time Budd acquired a home for us without me, the result was a disaster with far-reaching consequences. I'm not blaming him, he just didn't have a clue what warning signs to look for in a big city, and the choices were limited anyway. That was over 20 years ago, and I’m sure he would do a fine job now. But if I can go and he can stay and work, that's better for the finances anyway. We'll find out soon. I can wait....for a minute.

Every silver lining has it's cloud, though. Isn't that the way the saying goes? This isn't a very big cloud, but...I don't have a coat with me. I never got back to Salt Lake after the weather started turning, so my winter clothes (which no longer fit me anyway) are stored there. We haven't needed much in the way of cold-weather gear here. I have a light quilted jacket. I guess I get off the plane in layers topped by that and go straight to Ross or Burlington to buy a heavy coat, the likes of which they don't even carry in the stores here. And mittens. And a knitted hat. And snow boots...well, you get the picture. OK, cloud dispersed.

To say we have a LOT to be grateful for would be no exaggeration at all. We never dreamed that things would come together like this. New job, wonderful. Paid move, outstanding. Househunting trip? Nothing short of incredible!!!

This is me: emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon emoticon

No comments:

Post a Comment